Thursday, October 2, 2008

Activity at the Apartment

I spend a lot of time at the apartment working hard at my job. My desk is situated right next to the window facing the front of the apartment. Here are some of the things I experience every week I'm here.

Monday: Trash day. That’s also my wakeup call. No alarm needed on Mondays.

Tuesday: Nothing special to report though last week they installed new flooring in the apartment above us. Pound, bang, bang, pound, all day long!

Wednesday: Wash the outdoor stairwell with a very loud power washer.

Thursday: Another trash day and it’s yard day as well. Yard day takes ALL day. First they mow, then they edge, finally they use the leaf blower. Yet somehow the grounds here still look crappy. They don’t water when it gets hot and doesn’t rain.

Friday: Nothing special but for the last two weeks they’ve been installing statues around the grounds. Luckily, this isn’t a very noisy operation.

No comments: