Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

1. I met my husband when I was 17 and married him when I was 28.
2. I was named after a 1967 song by the Association that was later nominated for a Grammy for best contemporary group performance.
3. I have two “i”s in my name instead of a “y” at the end because my parents didn’t want any of the letters in my name to “go below the line,” hence, Windi Kristine Wentworth.
4. My favorite band is the Disco Biscuits (wait, that’s not random, EVERYONE knows that). Listening to their music makes me feel good about myself.
5. My favorite nut is the pistachio and my favorite color is still purple.
6. Between now and mid-March I’ll be in Atlanta, Houston, Dallas and Miami, all for pleasure.
7. I was an international competitive figure skater until I was 17. (No connection to meeting my husband.)
8. I speak two languages and want to learn Spanish.
9. I fit in well in the South because I drink Miller Lite (heavily).
10. My friend Kelly decorated our apartment and I love it!
11. I own a gun and don’t know how to use it.
12. I’ve lived in 3 countries, 7 states, and the District of Columbia. I’m an Army brat.
13. Shane and I are considering a move to Boulder, Colorado or Amsterdam.
14. My favorite Halloween costume is Pippi Longstocking. Particularly when Shane goes as The Pimp; Pippy and the Pimp. Pippi is very unconventional, assertive and extraordinarily strong, being able to lift her horse one-handed without difficulty.
15. I’ve lived in Alaska and been to Hawaii but never the Dakotas.
16. I have a backstage pass to Arlington National Cemetery because my dad is interred there.
17. I’ve been to the top of a at least 10 mountains on two continents.
18. I want to hike the Appalachian Trail one day. The whole thing!
19. I have a 9 degree curve in my spine. 10 degrees is considered scoliosis. I wake up in pain every day and am considering seeing a doctor for it.
20. I quit smoking a week ago using Chantix. The side effects may be worse than the addiction withdrawal.
21. I am an award-winning gardener in the state of Virginia.
22. A new car has been on the agenda for 5 years and it will probably be another 5 before I finally buy one.
23. My favorite movie is Gone with the Wind and my favorite book is A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.
24. If I drink coffee I drink it at night after dinner with lots of caffeine and no milk or sugar.
25. I’ve received 10 of these things (on Facebook) and it’s my cousin’s posting that made me cave and finally write one of my own.

No comments: