Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Seven Weekends in Lafayette

I just finished a long run of seven weekends in Lafayette. This weekend the weather was fabulous and for once we made plans to get out and enjoy it. On Saturday we went to Eggstravaganza at the Acadiana Zoo with our friend Matt and his 3 year old son Ethan. Shane and I were surprised at how nice the zoo was and how active the animals were. I even had an opportunity to feed the lamas! A good time was had by all and we will definitely go back sometime.

On Sunday we had 6 guests over for dinner and Shane stayed up way past his 9 p.m. bedtime. I won at nickels (as always) and we dined on grilled chicken, grits, salad, and a very tasty marinated tri tip. Yummy! My friend Elizabeth's mom shared her grits recipe with me a couple of weeks ago and this was my second attempt. The first time they were not spicy enough, this time they were too spicy. Hopefully I'll get them right next time but for now I'm just happy to have a good southern grits recipe to bring north with me. Come see!

It’s springtime in the south and we’re enjoying it! Thursday I head back to VA for about 10 days. I suspect the weather will be much colder there.

1 comment:

estanard said...

Call Beth 205-799-1012 if you need help tweaking the grits recipe. I have to make them tomorrow for a brunch on Sunday. I've never made them before. Wish me luck!