Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Encouragement From a Fellow Telecommuter

"That's good you're doing ok with the telecommuting. In the beginning I never stopped during the day at all, either. But after a while you start to feel like your living your work life since you work where you live and there is not real beginning (going into the office) or end (leaving the office) to the day. So you end up working more than you would if you went into the office. Now I try to take it a little easier on myself, ... of course it really depends on how much I have going on, and sometimes I don't stop either. It's way too easy to keep working until 7, 8 or 9 at night, but I'm trying to be better about that (especially with the nice weather now). My point is, it's important you do take some time for yourself ... whether you take a walk at lunch time or just make sure you end your day when you would if you were in the office." - a friend.

No comments: