Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nice things about small towns

  • The nice part about living in a small town: When you don’t know what you’re doing someone else does.
  • I can drive anywhere in less than 20 min. (as long as I’m not on the road between 5 and 6 p.m., rush HOUR, not hours) and can get to the grocery store and back in less than 15.
  • I can leave my car and house unlocked and not worry.
  • I can walk to the vet, nail salon, movie theater, bar, dry cleaner, and gamer’s haven (where Shane keeps threatening to join the D&D club).
  • WalMart stock is full and not picked over.
  • People are sincerely friendly and friends jump in to lend a helping hand anytime you need it.
  • Friends live down the street, not 1 hour around the Beltway, or in a different state.
  • The FedEx delivery and pickup guy is the same person and he knows me by name! He is always on schedule and arrives between 11 a.m. and noon CT.
  • The mailman comes at the same time every day and also knows me by name.
  • Better housing prices.
  • Less stress.
  • Trust.
  • Clean air!

No comments: