Friday, October 5, 2007

Day 1

Since all of my co-workers were enjoying a quarterly department breakfast meeting (and would later have a teambuilding lunch) I decided to try the "continental" breakfast in the lobby. Guess I always thought continental meant fruit ... no fruit. Since the line for the waffles was so long and because I'm in the south I opted for buiscits and gravy. WRONG CHOICE! Cold, the gravy was stone cold -- guess that explains the microwave next to the gravy bowl.

Thoughts about my first day in Timbuktu ...

The Good:
High-speed internet connection
Great cell service
Awesome water pressure
My hair is nice and wavy from the humidity
The pool (looks nice but haven't tried it yet)

The Bad:
Getting up early
The small double bed

The Ugly:

The view from our room

2 comments:

mwentworth said...

Oh well, be aware ..... it is not the first time you have slept in a parkinglot like that! Mom

~wj said...

Mom, you crack me up!