Thursday, October 11, 2007

This Is the End

And my trip here is about to come to an end. We're headed to Atlanta, GA, tonight to attend this music festival: http://www.the-echoproject.com/

My time in New Iberia, LA was a nice change of pace. I got to see how Shane spends his time down here in the south, met some cool people, had a few good meals (and some bad ones too), and most importantly got to spend some time with my husband.

In case you're wondering where I got the name for this blog. Timbuktu is a city in the West African nation of Mali. It is an oasis in the middle of nowhere. Although there is air service, the city remains most easily accessible by camel and boat.


The Good:

  • CNN Headline news informed me earlier this week that in 2010 everyone will be able to contribute to a Roth IRA regardless of income! Great, great news.
  • Telecommuting for a week.
  • The bird that sings to me every morning from the tree in the Lowe's parking lot.
  • Spending time with hubby.
  • Good times and good food.
The Bad:
  • Whoever create the spitball that is on the concrete outside our room.
  • The guy who didn't speak English but wanted to bum a smoke (I didn't have one but couldn't communicate that to him).
  • Chili's
  • The Internet outage -- thank goodness for McDonald's.

The Ugly:
  • All-in-all a good trip. Nothing ugly to report today.

No comments: