Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 4

It's different here. Everything happens just a little more slowly. It's nice to slow down your pace on the weekend but tough to get work done during the week. For example, I called the front desk to ask if the hotel charged for dialing 800 phone number, "no." I try the phone and I can't dial out. Second phone call, "you have to pay a $10 deposit to have your phone turned on." You think she could have told me that during the first call to the front desk!

The Good:
  • Watching the afternoon storms roll in
  • Using a landline to call-in to conference calls
  • Planning our weekend getaway to Atlanta
  • Friends that call to check on me
  • The bird that lives in the tree in the Lowe's parking lot across the street -- I love its song!
  • Planning hubby's next trip home in late October

The Bad:

  • Cell phone dropped out a couple of times during work calls
  • Hubby on the road all day
  • Stuck w/o a car all day
  • Shane's friend and co-worker got food poisoning (we had dinner together last night, thank goodness I didn't get sick)
The Ugly:
  • The waitress at Chili's -- her personality AND her looks!

No comments: