Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Customer Service Experience

Today I discovered there will be a presale of tickets for the Disco Biscuits five nights December run in NYC for Amex card holders only. Woo hoo, I’m an Amex card holder! Good news, right? WRONG! Since I’ve never used this Ticketmaster/American Express service before I decided to find out ahead of time how to use the service.

These are the steps I took to find out what to do.

  1. Checked the Ticketmaster.com Help section – found out I needed a special password and suggested I sign up for Amex Ticket Access e-mail.
  2. Signed up for American Express’s Ticket Access e-mail – no e-mail confirmation sent to me.
  3. Checked Amex’s americanexpress.com/entertainment site – found no Disco Biscuits listing.
  4. Called Amex Membership Rewards – was on hold for about 20 min. – representative unable to get a hold of Gold Card Events. (Found out I have 29,000+ points to spend!)
    Was transferred to another customer service representative who quickly transferred me to Interactive Services.
  5. Interactive Services told me to call Ticketmaster.
  6. Got Ticketmaster contact us numbers from the Web site.
  7. Called Ticketmaster in my state (VA), got a live person quickly – was told I’d need to call the state where the event would be held.
  8. Called Ticketmaster NYC and got an automated service – hung up after going through 3 options of the menu.
  9. Called Ticketmaster NYC and selected option 2 “check on the status of an order” – was able to get a live person.
  10. Customer service rep was able to tell me that tomorrow, when the tkts go on pre-sale, new options will appear on the event page for Amex card holders. She said the password would either be the Amex customer service number on the back of my card, or my card number.
  11. 45 min. later I got the answer I needed – what a way to spend a lunch hour!

No comments: