Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gustav Gets His Groove On


  • Our Lafayette friends are coming in from off-shore to avoid Gustav.

  • My Cajun cable guy tells me if the Hurricane goes to the West of Lafayette, we’ll have to evacuate, just as they did for Rita.

  • The mayor of nearby Acadia parish told NOLA residents to keep on driving.

  • Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal told Louisiana residents to put themselves “on alert.” I guess that means me too!

  • Officials in Lafayette are on “standby” and are closely watching the Gulf.

  • Public works crews began clearing all bridges and roads in Lafayette parish to make sure travel lanes are open.

  • Sand bags will start being distributed tomorrow.

  • Officials meet at 2 p.m. today to make sure Lafayette can accommodate evacuees from coastal LA.

  • Pets in Lafayette shelters are already being evacuated.

  • If the storm hits Monday mornin’ I ain’t flyin’ out to VA!

No comments: